Friday, September 11, 2009

Chauncy has a boo-boo

I was out in the valley looking for a job.  Sitting at a stop light, I saw a car in my rear view mirror slam into my precious Mercedez.  I was only a little shaken up.  The man who hit me ran to my car to see if I was okay.  I was.  He admitted to me that he wasn't really paying attention to the road.  Thanks a lot mister.  He suggested that we pull into a parking lot to get off the road.  I was afraid that he was going to drive away and it would be a hit and run.  So, I followed him until he stopped.  The police took their sweet time, and the man decided to tell me his life's history, which was fine.  He seemed really nervous, and I was just feeling inconvenienced.  The man's insurance company has to pay for everything, the damages on my car.  All is good, but Chauncy is hurt.  You could definitely tell whose car was of better quality.  Chauncy is a hunk of steel.  The man's Blazer suffered the brunt of the damages.

The trunk was pushed in.  You can see that the alignment is off.  It won't open now. 

The bumper is bent out away from the body of the car.

It is hard to tell in this picture, but the mirror is broken (the red on the left).

Very dented and the the bumper is falling off because it was pushed too far forward.

There is a silver piece that goes above the wheel.  I need to go back to the scene of the accident to see if if is there.
My mom told me that I may be a magnet for fender-benders at the fault of others.  This is my third accident that wasn't my fault.  

No comments:

Post a Comment