Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving in Taiwan


On Thanksgiving day, all of us teachers were busy with classes all day.  There was little time to think about pilgrims and Indians.  I made little ugly turkeys with my kindergartners, however.  It's true, they were very ugly, but my kids loved it. 

My cutie kindergartners Group B
Terrence, Rae, Bryson, Enya, Lori, Lilian, Celine

Group C
Katrina, Raya, Elean, Darren, Damon, Leo, Curtis, Kendra

Group A
Carol, Cooper, Eason, Kyan, Jenny, Olivia, Eason, Emily


My Crazy Afternoon Kindergartners
Me (really!), Sean, Jacky, Henry, Dino, Angel, Jake


We decided to postpone our festivities until November 30.  It was great.  Everyone made a dish and we had a glorious feast.  There is no turkey in Taiwan, but we many delicious options including: Candied Yams, Chicken, Rolls, Apple Pie, Cookies, Corn, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables, and what meal in Taiwan would be complete without rice?!  Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

Our Thanksgiving dinner centerpiece
We like to color!


My Taiwan Familiy
Katy, Allison, Whitney, Libby, Kristi, Meg, Laura, Devin and Lien
 
Yum!


A typical plate

We are thankful for...

2 comments:

  1. That dinner is impressive! Especially the pie. When I lived in Chile, we decided to oust the pie and just go with something more typical of Chilean food... Good for you for being diligent!

    The turkeys are a little.... interesting, but it does look like the kids loved them

    You are going to miss them a lot. It looks like you are starting to be ready to leave because you are getting so attached! You know it is right to leave when you can't bear to leave the kids but you can't stand to be away from home. Love and miss you, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorations. I'm happily surprised about them because I try to make people festive here and it doesn't work well.

    ReplyDelete