Sunday, January 3, 2010

Desert Dash Moonlight Madness-New Years Eve

I ran my second 5k race, with a cold, in the cold, at night.  It was a trail run at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City.  Perry was my running buddy and stayed with me the whole time.  I am grateful to him for that.  I wanted to die.  This race was so hard.  It was full of very steep hills up and down.  So steep that I felt like I may tumble down or have to crawl to make it up.  Now that I know what to expect, I want to run this course again in the daytime.  My time was really bad, like 48 minutes.

Waiting for the race to start.  I look a little ruffled like a bird trying to stay warm.



Crossing the finish line.



Perry ran it with me.



I was really tired.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Meg! Congrats on your 5k! That is great! Now you are going to move on to a half right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, your dad sucks at taking the pictures... hahahah! But I love the light on your head. And I am impressed that you ran in the night. up hills. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete