Friday, January 29, 2010

Taiwan Application Process


A few days ago I called the Taiwan ILP Representative to see if it was too late to apply for the group leaving at the end of June 2010.  She said that this was the perfect time to apply.  I then proceeded to ask her if she kept my application on file from a few months ago.  She had.  There are two parts to the application process.  First you do a bunch of paperwork and have to get accepted by ILP.  Then you do a bunch more paperwork, and make a video, which they send to the principals in Taiwan.  The people in Taiwan decided who will be hired for their schools.  The school in Taipei City picks about 15 teachers and the school in ? picks about 5.  Britta, the ILP Taiwan rep, said that I was still accepted to ILP.  Over the past couple of days, I have been doing lots of paperwork.  All I have to do now it the video.  It must be 10-12 minutes long and have two segments, one of me reading a story, the other of me teaching a simple task.  

For those of you who don't know, Taiwan is a little island off of China.

This is Taipei City.



A more rural part of Taiwan

I wouldn't mind spending the day here.

3 comments:

  1. So I was wrong. Taipei City is not one of the cities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have to say I will be sad when you go. Especially if it is for a whole year! But I was looking forward to running with you and stuff when I move in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I will go to Taiwan for my little trip for myself when I graduate from school.... And you could show me around! That would be so FUN!
    I am still adimantely making you take the calling cards. I will not go a whole year without hearing your voice!

    ReplyDelete