Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chinese Medicine

A week ago Tuesday, I went with Charlene (a chinese secretary) to the Feng Yuan Hospital for the mission papers.  I was kind of dreading the experience, but I had a fascinating time.  The doctor used Chinese medicine.  Coolest thing ever, especially since I didn't have to have him touch me all over my body.  He looked at my eyes and my hands and could tell all about my health.  Did I say it was cool?!  He spoke in Chinese, so I asked Charlene to translate for me.  She didn't tell me everything, but here's what she did tell me:  He could tell from my hand that I had just finished my menstrual cycle.  I finished the day before!  He said that I was 30% constipated.  Haha!  He said that I injured my back about 10 years prior.  I broke my back when I was 14 (horse accident)!  The last thing that Charlene told me is that based on the half circle white spots near my cuticles on my fingernails, I am easily agitated.  No, I am not!  Haha!  It was just a really cool experience.

When we went to the dentist, he looked at my mouth for maybe 5-7 seconds, checked all the boxes on the mission papers and sent me on my way.  I am pretty sure I was supposed to have gotten x-rays.  Oh well.  I am not too worried.  I went to the dentist right before I came to Taiwan and my teeth were fine.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I wan't him to read my hands and eyes! How constipated am I!? lol JK

    ReplyDelete