Friday, October 1, 2010

National Museum of Natural Science

The previous week we went to Taichung, and got to the National Museum of Natural Science too late to have a relaxed viewing experience.  I wanted to go back, so we did last Saturday.  This time just Devin, Erin, Kristi and myself went.  We planned on renting scooters and went back to the same lady we went to the week before.  I am not sure what changed, but she did not seem happy to see us.  She raised the price and insisted that we have scooter licenses (this one I can't blame her for.)  We ended up taking the bus instead.  It was definitely the cheaper option.

What I thought we would take 2 hours took 5.  I had no idea there was so much to see at the museum.  There were a lot of cool exhibits.  I think that the most fascinating exhibit was the butterfly artwork.  I couldn't tell what was so special about the pictures until I looked closer and saw that it was made entirely out of butterfly wings.  Cool!

A Rainbow of precious stones.

Amethyst

In front of the exhibit on deception


Percentage of water in our bodies


Loved the following description of this dinosaur...

Dinosaur with a weird head

Creepy

And Creepy



Chinese Mummy

These were real stuffed animals (or animals which are stuffed).
It looks kind of like a painting.






















1 comment:

  1. That looks like a really cool exam! I hope they didn't take the butterfly wings until the butterfly died.

    ReplyDelete