Friday, April 27, 2012

Green Valley Stake 5k

April 21, 2012

Chris and I ran the Green Valley Stake 5k Race!  We got matching race t-shirts too!  I am so proud of myself, I ran the whole way.  I didn't think that I was going to, because in my running plan I am only at 22 minutes jogging.  Even though Chris could have easily left me in the dust, he stayed with me.  When we had the finish line in view, we sprinted to the end, racing each other.  He says that I won, but I know he let me beat him.  My time was 32:08 and his was one second behind mine.  This was my third 5k race.  I hope to do more in the future, and maybe even a 10k.  I think they are great fun!

Before the race.  You can tell because we aren't sweaty yet.

We did it!  Notice our very expensive looking gold medals.  (They are plastic.)

Sprinting to the finish line!  This may or may not be a reenactment.  :o)
After the race, there was a pancake breakfast provided.  Yum!

2 comments:

  1. If that last picture was for real you would be flat on your face from the momentum shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Rachel's comment :o) You guys are too cute! I love that you guys ran together!

    ReplyDelete