Saturday, June 19, 2010

B-day

We celebrated my birthday today; although it is not actually my birthday.  Mom, dad and I went to see "The Karate Kid"  and ate at a most delicious Thai restaurant.  I am embracing Asian-ness.  I am happy as a hippo, and delightfully full. 

I finally got my Visa in the mail a couple of days ago.  Isn't it beautiful!  I am all set to leave the country. 

FYI:  Each country has a set amount of time a tourist can stay.  For Taiwan, it is 14 days.  If one plans to stay beyond the set time period, which I do, I need a Visa in addition to my passport.  My Visa is good for 60 days, so after I arrive in Taiwan I must apply for another Visa, which allows me to stay much longer.

2 comments:

  1. Is a visa like passport? I have one of those if it is. A visa just sounds cooler. This post was funny. I like the happy as a hippo part.. however you spelled embracing wrong. I thought you were saying embarrassing. Happy birthday lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel. I fixed it, and added info about a visa. I never knew any of this before recently.

    ReplyDelete