Saturday, August 7, 2010

Taichung 台中



Last Saturday, a few of my roommates and I decide to go to Taichung.  It's the same town that we go to our English branch in, but we have never gotten an opportunity to explore the town.  We started out by going to Modern Toilet.  It was a crazy hilarious restaurant that was themed... you guessed it... about modern toilets, and squaters, which I do not think are very modern.  All of the dishes were served in various things in the bathroom.  Our dessert was in a squater.  My meal was in a toilet.  Katy's juice was in a urinal.  Kristi's meal was in a bathtub.  It was a very interesting place and the food was good.



We later went to FromLove New World Park.  A few of the girls went water zorbing.  You get into a plastic ball or cyllinder and try to walk on the water.  I didn't go because it was super hot out and no one would go with me.  I'll go eventually, maybe when the weather cools down.  There was so much to see at the park.  Lots of neat sculptures.  Plenty of opportunities for taking pictures. 




We topped off the fun day with going to Costco.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, Taiwan has Costco.  We ate at the food court first.  Almost the entire first floor was the food court.  It was huge.  Ah!  My love...Costco Pizza!  It was so delectible.  Then we shopped.  I only bought a snack for "break the fast" and CHEESE.  I had been living on fake overly processed cheese since I got here.


Taichung was so fun!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome restaurant! The food looks disgusting though. What is it? Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My meal was actually delicious. It was Rice with Belt Pumpkin Cream Sauce and Puff Pastrey Tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That park looks AWESOME! Good pictures, too :) I am glad that you have something to look forward to every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete