Saturday, September 18, 2010

Houli Zoo Field Trip! 后里鄉



On Tuesday, my kindergartners had a field trip to a little zoo in Houli.  I had the option to go along.  About 45 children went, 6 secretaries and 9 teachers.  It was such a weird little zoo and so much fun!  The kids got to feed a horse and a hungry hippo.  Each child was given a little bucket of food (like All-in-One for horses).  The hippo came up to the fence, opened his mouth, and the children threw the food in.  It was really funny.  They got to ride a pony.  A select few children got to sit on the ostrich's back.  Allison got to ride the ostrich!  I was so jealous.  What a unique opportunity!










A lot of the animals wandered freely.  There were deer, cows, a water buffalo, an ostrich, a pelican, etc.  The other animals were in pens or cages.  The pelican was a menace.  It was much bigger than I thought pelicans were, and he wandered around getting into trouble.  At one point, he had his beak in the rabbit pen and was trying to eat the poor rabbits.  He bit a couple of people while we were there too.






I got to hold a wallaby, 2 parrots, and a 12 foot snake!  I am not going to lie, my heart was pounding a little bit.  The zoo was so much fun, and the kids were so cute!













1 comment:

  1. I think snakes are soo cool as long as you know they won't bite you. That pelican is as big as you! That sounds like such a fun zoo! I love zoos!

    ReplyDelete