Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hiking with Hannah

December 2, 2011

The day before Hannah came, it was 72 degrees and sunny.  Since she was been here, the weather has been less than desirable, cold and dreary.  It is quite ironic.  So much for soaking up the sun in Las Vegas.  Everyone we ran into told her how she just missed the good weather.  Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.  Just kidding.  

We were going to go hiking at Red Rock today, but while waiting for the sun to come out and play, we went to a movie. It never did show its bright shining sunny face, until right before sunset.  The sun sets here at 4:30 pm.  We opted to hike in the hills and mountains behind my house instead.  I would have preferred Red Rock, but Hannah and I can have fun anywhere.  I was constantly amused by her new discoveries of wonder at the various aspects of the desert landscape.  All things I had long quit noticing.  It opened my eyes to the natural beauties so close to home.  

What I see just over my fence.


Yoga Pose!



Quote Hannah: "I have never seen a cactus that changes colors."  Silly Hannah!  That cactus is red year round.



I have converted her to the peace sign pose.  She crumbled under the pressure!  Bwahaha!

Friendly fellow hikers took this picture for us.

What potential photo-shoot would be complete without jumping photos.  Or in our case, attempted jumping photos.  Hehe!






I made several attempts the capture the sunset.

A sea a houses.




I stood on a pole to get a better view of the sunset.  

Create your own caption for this one.


On the way back to my house, Hannah and I ran into my dad, on his own walk.  He took these.

I love this one, because this is the face I always see on Hannah!  A true lover of life!  I don't remember what I said, but it must have been funny.  :o)


4 comments:

  1. In all these pictures your eyes are so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel! Your eyes are quite beautiful in all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Red Rock yesterday with my brother. It's a super pretty area. Glad you could have fun with Hannah!

    ReplyDelete