Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trail Riding at Mount Charleston

September 22, 2011

For my birthday this year, my dad got me two passes to go trail riding.  I love horses, so this was perfect for me.  It is really hot around my birthday in Nevada, so I decided to wait 6 weeks.  My mom and I went together.  It was pleasantly cool in Mt. Charleston, and lovely change in scenery from the dry desert to lush green mountains.   I rode a dark brown Percheron/Quarter Horse named Luke.  It was so tall, quite possibly the biggest horse I have ever ridden.  The ride was very fun!  Thank you dad!

(It may seem like there are a lot of pictures of us on horse, but I chose a lot of them because of the views of the beautiful country.)



After this photo, someone told me that the gray horse almost bit me.  
















The horse is so tall!



After the trail ride, we explored the little town in Mount Charleston.  It was a great day!



Eating lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment