Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Party of One!

October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

In Vegas, I don't really have any friend my own age, so I had a Halloween Party all by myself.  And it was fun!  I'm am so fun to hang out with!  Hehe!  Just kidding!  I was a lion this year.  I have had this costume since I was 12 and I am happy that it still fits.  I am always very proud to wear it.  When I was in seventh grade, I come home from one day to tell my mom that I was in a dance routine for a school production and I needed a lion costume (Wizard of Oz themed dance) in three days.  I grew up in a frugal thrifty family, so it wasn't in character to just go out and buy one.  That would have been expensive, and it is hard to find costumes not around Halloween time.  My mom and thought and prayed, and the Lord answered her prayers by helping her create this awesomely creative costume.  I love it!  I am so grateful to my mom for making it for me!  She made it out of her old bedspread, from the 1970s!  Haha!  I love sharing with people its origin.  And it sure is warm!



To start off the evening, we went to Chipotle for our $2 burritos (a special they have on Halloween).  But we had to dress up like burritos to get that deal.  I went as a lion burrito.  Notice the foil on my head.  

Daddy Burrito and Lion Burrito


When we got back from Chipotle, I saw all the kiddies running from house to house collecting their free candy.  I am not going to lie, I was jealous.  I wanted free candy too!  So, I am a little ashamed to say, in my 25 year old age, I went trick-or-treating.  Nancy accompanied me to a few houses and then I thought I could probably be more time efficient if I went on my dad's scooter.  Nobody shunned, and I only trick-or-treated for about an hour.  Everyone thought my costume was adorable, and I told them how it came to be.  I enjoyed talking to people that I met the most.  I found a couple Chinese families and was able to practice my Chinese!   很好玩!  So much fun!  One couple asked if they could take a picture of me to show their family in China what Halloween is all about in America. 

Someone asked me if I was in middle school.  Really?!  Do you think I look 13?  Haha!



I love candy!





Counting my candy.
I got 84 piece, not counting what I got from our ward's trunk-or-treat.  Not bad for one hour.  Yes, I am sharing with my family!  :o)
A little bit OCD I think.


It was a fun night!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think its OCD. Because I counted and sorted my candy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costume is adorable because you make it so.

    You don't look 13.

    It is odd that you sorted your candy.... most just count. AHAH!!

    I liked the scooter picture.

    I love how proud you are of your pumpkin, too. It is well represented in these latest blogs :) Happy Halloween, Meg!

    ReplyDelete