Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!  The Stotts came into town yesterday, which makes me so happy.  I love them so much and they are tons of fun!  I can't believe how fast Grant is growing.  He is 21 months now.  He is still a little squirt, but he is talking more and more.  He is so smart.  He can understand negations.  Dad asked him if he could have a kiss.  Grant said no.  Then dad asked him is he could not have a kiss.  Grant said yes.  Hehe!

Thanksgiving was good.  I felt lazy though.  Rachel and mom made the whole feast.  I hardly helped at all.  This week I was working an overnighter job for some people in the ward.  I felt really exhausted and sick, and spent most of the day napping.  The turkey dinner was delicious, and I have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends.  I am thankful for Heavenly Father's mindfulness of me in my life.  And so much more!

After dinner, we had a family karaoke concert.  I really like that.  Everyone took turns singing, including Grant.  I had to leave prematurely to go to my night job.    

What he did before dinner.

What Grant did, among other things.

Mom and Rachel cooking up a storm.  

Perry spending some quality time with Leo (my guitar).

When I was awake...






Please excuse the little boy nudity.  I couldn't it posting this.  I adore Grant.


Grant's turn to sing!


Rachel and I sang an old favorite of our's.  'Heirlooms" by Amy Grant was the first song that we ever sang together.  We also learned how to harmonize with this song...almost 15 years ago.  Please excuse the lack of proper vocal technique, on my part.  Hehe!  I need to start practicing again.  

2 comments:

  1. So, I must say that whenever I hear Amy Grant sing "Heirlooms" I think of you guys! I always have and probably always will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol omg I can't believe you posted that video of us singing. I was horrible and you only mention YOUR lack of vocal technique! But love the rest of the post! So funny Karissa! It is almost getting old lol.

    ReplyDelete