Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Swedish Christmas Eve

December 24, 2011

As tradition in Rachel and Perry's household, Christmas eve they eat a traditional Swedish dinner.  (Perry went on his mission to Sweden.)  The meal consisted of: Swedish meatballs, dill potatoes, gifflar (similar to little cinnamon rolls), glugg (fruit juice), and raw herring in mustard sauce.  This was my first time eating the herring. Oh my goodness!  I could not handle it!  At least now I can say I have tried it.

Our delicious Swedish meal!


It doesn't look good.

I don't know about this...



Smelling it.

Tasting it.

Taking a bite.

Nope!

Don't like it!
After dinner, Rachel and I made nativities.  It was fun, but as you can tell I am not very artistic when food is the medium.  I included a donkey, a sheep, Mary, Joseph, an Angel, a star, and Baby Jesus.  See if you can find them all.  Haha!  Good luck!

My creation


 

Rachel's creation



Grant was being silly.  He knows all the animal sounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment