Saturday, January 7, 2012

Utah Friends!

December 28-31, 2011

I feel blessed that I was able to see so many of my friends while visiting the Stotts too!  

When I hung out with Meg Jorgensen, my first mission companion, we decided to go visit President Bertasso at the MTC (Missionary Training Center).  He is one of the District Presidents there.  I love that man!  It was so great to see him and soak up his wisdom.  And who better to go see him with than with Meg!  

President Bertasso and Meg

Me and President Bertasso

After we finished talking to President Bertassso, Meg really wanted to take a stroll around the MTC, which is totally not allowed!  Haha!  We did it anyway.  It was not yet 6:00 pm, so we pretended to be a companionship on P-day, with our nametags under our jackets.  Mmmm!  So sneaky!  I was so paranoid that we were going to get caught!  I wanted to walk through the building that we had class in, and we ran into Qian Laoshi, one of my teachers.  I panicked and told him that we were on our way out!  Haha! He didn't mind us being there and just wanted to chat.  Phew.  He took us downstairs to go chat with Sister Evans too.  It was fun!

Meg and I in the gym!


It was also great to see and catch up with Meg.  I am grateful that we are friends, and that we were companions.  We are kind of an unlikely pair.  Hehe!  She still calls me Sis. Y.  And when I am with her, there is never a lack of fun and excitement.  :o)

I went to see Erin at her apartment, when the Stotts were visiting some family in Sandy.  I swear I took a picture of the event.  It must have gotten lost in cyberspace.  Sorry Erin.  

I really wanted to see Kristi too.  I hadn't seen her since we were in Taiwan, a whole year ago!  She lives in Logan, UT, so we decided to meet halfway in Salt Lake.  Lucky Erin!  Hehe!  Kristi, Erin and I went to breakfast at Village Inn.  We all talked about anything and everything, and not much about Taiwan.  I liked that.  Reminiscing is nice sometimes, but I like it when friendships can survive beyond that.  I am really happy I got to see Kristi and Erin!  

Me, Erin and Kristi



On New Year's eve, I went to see Jessica Chen, my first mission companion in New York.  She is from Taiwan and got accepted to go to school at BYU.  Yea!  So, I got to go see her.  It was really good to catch up.


How did Grant get in here?  This is supposed to be a post about my friends.  Oh well!  He is so cute, isn't he?!


Hannah came over!  We chilled and played games with Rachel and Perry.  I was supposed to go see Hannah the following day, but something came up, so she came to Orem to see me!  It's always a party with Hannah!  She is a great friend!  I feel so blessed to have her in my life!

She is really excited about the game!




1 comment:

  1. I love that Grant is in the middle of the post. So appropriate!

    ReplyDelete