Saturday, January 7, 2012

Temples!

December 27-30, 2011

I had the opportunity to go to three new Temples on this trip.  That made me very happy!  I love worshipping at the Temple.  It is my heaven on earth.  It is my happy place!  :o)  I have now been to 14 different LDS temples.

First I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in South Jordan, UT.  An interesting fact:  A couple years ago during the Open House, the Angel Moroni was struck by lightning.  A new one was installed before the dedication.







The next day, I went to the Draper Temple.  The inside of the temple had a noticeable theme using the Sego Lily, Utah's state flower.




On the 30th, I got to go to the Salt Lake Temple for the first time!  That was a special treat!  I was amazing by how huge all the rooms and lobbies were inside the temple.  And there were people everywhere.  Everything was so ornate and beautiful in design.  I felt like I was in a castle of the Lord.  I loved it!

Some facts about the Salt Lake Temple: A lot of people think of this temple as the first one (possibly because it the international symbol for the LDS church), but it was actually the fourth LDS temple to be completed.  It took 40 years to complete, and was finished in 1893.  All of the temples I went to this week featured beautiful hand-painted murals on the ordinance room walls.  



I feel so grateful that I am able to worship in such beautiful holy houses of the Lord!

To find out why Mormons build temples go here:  http://lds.org/church/temples/why-mormons-build-temples?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment