Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bad Kitty

I blow-dried my hair yesterday, sort of.  Because it was out.

I woke to a foul smell in the air.  My kitty is kept in a cage made out of child-gates at night, complete with a gate on top so that she can't jump out at night.  I came out of my bedroom, and Nala was sitting on top of the couch, looking at me.  I turned to see her cage in disarray, with the top moved off.  The gate that blocks off the hallway to the spare bedrooms was knocked over too.  Nala, what did you do?  Why aren't you in your cage?  I sleep so soundly that I didn't hear any of the commotion.

Now the foul smell I found, was coming from her bed, which she soiled.  It is an animal's instinct to poo away from where they spend time.  Can you blame them?  Nala made desperate and successful attempts to get away from her makeshift litter box.  I cleaned her bed and bleached everything.  Can't be too careful.

But something still smelled foul.  I then discovered it was Nala.  I gave her a bath.  Haha!  It was so much fun.  I have had a weird desire for a while now to give Nala a bath, but my Mom, Nala's advocate, would not allow it.  But she smelled; she needed it.  Nala was not having it.  She made several attempts to escape the warm soapy water, and meowed in a way I had never heard before.

I was concerned for her health, and I didn't want her to get pneumonia or something, so I put her in my mom's bathroom with the space heater on.  It was taking forever for her to dry off.  A blow-dryer would do the job quicker.  I got it out, plugged it in and aimed at Nala.  She treated it like a monster that wanted to eat her.  Hissing, growling, running in circles around the bathroom.

I blow-dried my hair instead.

Here is the squeaky-clean culprit.

1 comment:

  1. my dogs hate the blow dryer, too. They hate it!! They usually will burry their face in the towel and rub it around in order to avoid the air...

    ReplyDelete