Saturday, February 6, 2010

I told him

I decided that dad wouldn't be very happy if he found out that everyone else knew about the Taiwan idea and he was left out of the loop.  So, I told him.  He reacted very negatively.  Am I surprised?  He told me that it was a very bad idea.  And that I would make more money if I stayed here in the States.  I said okay, goodnight, and left it at that.  That was two nights ago.  Not a word has been spoken about it since.

Now, here are my thoughts on the matter.  I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions, and I do not have to ask my parents permission.  I am subject to my own personal revelation, and I have the right to agency, and act in accordance to what I feel the Lord's will is for me.  I respect my parents and their opinions, however I respect my own opinions and feelings more.  Would I go to Taiwan against my father's wishes?  Yes.  Would he throw a fit?  Yes.  Would he then accept the idea and brag to his colleagues about me?  Probably.

I am not going to make any rash or unguided decisions, especially not any this large.

I still anxiously await any new from ILP.

No comments:

Post a Comment