Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 3

Wednesday, June 30, 2010
I woke up at 5:00 again this morning, so Allison, Devin, Lien, Erin and I went to the grocery store. I got some pretty chopsticks. I am going to become pro.
Gerald dropped us off at the Morning market. There was so much to see. I love the markets. Some small stone sculptures caught my eye, so I took a closer look. The lady selling started going on and on in Chinese while pointing to the symbols on them. I ended up buying one, but realized after the fact that I spent about $10 USD on that little bugger. I probably could have gotten it for a lot cheaper. The lady probably thought that I was some rich American tourist. Pooh. I like the horse, but next time, I am going to pay more attention to how much I am spending on things and if I think it is worth it.
We started training today. Basically, Gerald has us read something and we discuss it and he tests us on it. I never realized how complicated English is. There are so many inconsistencies.
Gerald dropped us off at huge department store called Sogo. It was like seven stories. Everything was so expensive. We all got bored with it pretty quickly, except for Katy who is a fashion diva. For the rest of our allotted time, we explored around the mall, outside. I like the area near home better because there are more street markets and not as many Westernized stores.
We rode our bikes to Carrefour this evening. This time we had more time to look around. With all this biking I am going to get into good shape. And we live on the fourth floor of the school, with no elevator. Who needs a Stairmaster? We probably go up and down the six flights of stairs 5 to 10 times a day. What a workout.


At the market

The little overpriced horse I bought

Notice it says Goys, instead of Boys (saw this at Carrefour)

1 comment: