Thursday, July 15, 2010

The "Tunnel of Death"

We call this the "Tunnel of Death."  Not sure why.  Other than the fact that this is where I got in my first bike accident.  For my safety while filming this video, I rode through the tunnel much slower than normal. 

A brief account:  "There is an area where the road is really narrow.  At that spot, only the cars are allowed on the road.  The scooters and bikes have to go on a separate sidewalk that goes through a tunnel, the "Tunnel of Death."  The pedestrians have another designated sidewalk.  Anyway, I was riding my bike throught the tunnel and the people in front of me slowed to a stop really fast.  I reacted fast enough, but the people behind me did not.  I was hit from behind, another cyclist.  I was slammed into the wall of hte tunnel.  Erin and Kristi were in front of the me, and heard the crash, but didn't realize it was me.  Remarkably, I came out unscathed.  I can't say the same for my bike.  Now I can check that experience off my list."

For people who get the emails, you can view the video at: http://meg-yancey.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment