Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flight and Day One

Saturday/Sunday, June 26/27, 2010


I am finally here in Taiwan! It is starting to feel real. I am all unpacked. This is crazy! I live in Taiwan now!


I had a layover in LA. When I got there, I had to go to a different airport for my next flight. I also had to re-check-in. That seemed odd. Everyone met up at our gate. Our flight to Taipei was forever long (14 hours) and we were packed in there like sardines. I sat in-between an older Thai couple. I asked the wife if she wanted to sit by her husband, and she said that he would drive her crazy. It was nice that we had an LCD screen on the seat in front of us. I watched a few movies and played games. I didn’t sleep very well on the plane because I was in a middle seat with nothing to lean on, and I was scrunched. Oh well. The stewardesses fed us well.

When we got to Taipei, we needed to get a bus ticket. Devin took care of us and communicated with the locals. All I had to do was hand over the appropriate amount of money.

The first bus trip was only like 10 minutes, to Taichung (I think). Then we had to catch another one to Fengyuan, my new home. I totally fell asleep on this one. It was 2 hours. Once we got the station, we waited another half an hour for Frances, one of the school administrators, to pick us up. Our long day ended at around 2:00am Taiwan time (5:00pm LV time). I have been up way too long. She showed us around and we got unpacked. I am sharing a humongous room with four other girls, Allison, Lien, Erin and Kristi. Cast bios will come later once I have gotten to know the girls and Devin better.

At the airport
Left to right: Lien, Libby, Katy, Allison, Erin, Kristi, Meg
Devin was taking the picture

Airplane food- raw salmon included, which I ate

I am in Taiwan!

On the computer screens, the women are looking at our temperatures as we pass.

All my luggage, minus my backpack

The bus has curtains

This is my bike. 

My area of the bedroom

I'm rich!

Grocery shopping

At the park

4 comments:

  1. Its so nice to see some pictures!I like your shoes and bag at the store! Cute! And you are so brave to eat the Salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!! I have to catch up on your blogs because you have a few new ones...but this is so exciting to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE salmon! I am jealous that you had good plane food. I am not jealous that you couldn't sleep and that the couple wouldn't comply, giving you one of the end seats... ha! I love that you are there! I agree with Rachel about loving that there are pictures. ;)
    Your bike is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably won't eat raw salmon ever again.

    ReplyDelete