Sunday, July 11, 2010

Frankie and our Amazing Adventure!


I was really bored.  We talked about going swimming, but none of the talk was turning into action.  I walked into the girl's bathroom to you know... and a creepy critter came running towards my feet.  I screamed and hopped my way out of the bathroom.  Not because I was scared, mind you.  Just startled. 


As I was walking back to my bedroom, I came up with a brilliant idea.  I found a jar in the kitchen and headed back towards the bathroom.  That little bugger would be mine.  It took several tries, with it running and flying and climbing away, but with my mad skills I caught it and called him Frankie.


Allison got a bright idea that we should witness the circle of life.  Off we went, up into the jungle of Taiwan in search of Frances, an orb spider.  Frances is not just any orb spider.  She is the size of your hand.  To our dismay, she had relocated. 


There were plenty of others who were eager to help us.  We hiked around and found all the spiders we could.  Frankie was in tow, not knowing his fate.  We decided on a very special black and yellow orb spider. 




All of us readied ourselves to watch the big show.  Devin twisted open the lid and dramatically tossed Frankie toward the 5 foot web. 



He was caught!  The spider quickly advanced toward Frankie.  Panicked, Frankie squirmed and flapped his wings.  The sticky web was no match for him.  Frankie was free to live another day. No discovery channel show for us.  Barbaric, I know. 

Pathetic as it is, this was the highlight of our day.  We ended the day with delicious bing-shas.


2 comments:

  1. That was such a good story! I loved the play-by-play pictures, too! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have been startled by the big bug. I would have been scared! You are so funny! That spider is dang scary also I can't believe it! I cringe just looking at the picture. I'm you are having fun with your new friends!

    ReplyDelete