Monday, July 12, 2010

President Uchtdorf Fireside

After church, we took a bus to Taipei to see President Uchtdorf speak. It was an amazing experience.  I love that you can go almost anywhere in the world and still participate in the gospel.  No matter where you go, the church is the same.  People are welcoming and eager for you to become a part of their lives.  We were among 6,000 LDS Taiwanese people in attendance. The Spirit was so strong.  President Uchtdorf's talk was good, but my favorite part of the meeting was the closing hymn.  We sang "I am a child of God."  Normally I don't enjoy that hymn as much as some others.  The other teachers and I sang in English and the Taiwanese people sang in Chinese, but there was a common spirit.  The unity and power of the Spirit felt so good.

1 comment: