Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bless you Walmart!

Day one in Florida, Han and I got groceries for the week at Walmart.  On day two we found ourselves at Walmart for very different reason: biker shorts and Desitin.  Yes, you read right, diaper rash cream.  Because that's what I had, except not from a diaper.  I don't wear those. 

Hannah and I went to Disney and walked all day long.  I chose to wear brand new shoes.  Three blisters on one foot and four on the other, and I can now call them "el sandals del diablo."  But that was the least of my worries.  My thighs rub when I walk.  It's a fact of life, and I can accept that.  For some reason, that day my thighs rubbed until they bled.  I wasn't prepared for what came next.  I am not sure how it happened, but I developed a two inch wide rash on my underwear line.  It burned!!!!!!!  I can now empathize with babies. 

Bless you Walmart!  Thank you for having tools to ease my suffering.  Hannah thought the situation was hilarious.  The Desitin and the biker shorts did the trick.  When we went to Disney on day five, I was a much happier camper.

5 comments:

  1. you poor thing!! Where'd you stay in FL? We stayed in Kissimmee for our honeymoon and spent the week at Disney and Universal!! So fun! (Except it was August and, having just gotten married, I was getting used to whites! SOOO hot and miserable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed with my best friend Hannah. She lives in Orlando.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I would have stopped walking before I bled!!! that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing so hard! It would have been nice for me to be more empathetic... but I was dying of laughter. Also, you are amazing. I would have been complaining LONG before bleeding...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was "fine" though. I was laughing too. It is more (fill in the blank) than crying.

    ReplyDelete