Saturday, May 29, 2010

It was just one of those kind of days... (5/28/2010)

I woke up nauseous for the (I don't know how many) days in a row.  And a wee bit anxious.  I still haven't figured out how I am getting to Utah in a couple of weeks.  The shuttle's schedule is very inconvenient for allowing me to spend maximum time with my family.  I am trying to find another option.  Medical appoinments are too expensive.  And I feel like I am blowing up like a balloon.  I sure that mean that the time of month is coming soon. 

I was having issues printing something.  I didn't get to eat breakfast and I was late to work.  By the time I got to the huddle, I was in tears.  Surprise, surprise.  It was embarrassing.  I was trying to wipe away the tears before anyone noticed.  I am so glad that no commented.  That would have opened the flood gates. 

A couple hours into my shift, I got an interesting return situation.  A couple of guys had just got back from camping in Zion and had some returns.  When I say some, I mean a lot of returns.  Our policy is "100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed," no questions asked.  We say if you are not satisfied, bring it back.  This was not a satisfaction issue.  The camping trip was over, and they wanted their money back.  These guys returned $850 worth of used gear.  They abused our policy!  and there was nothing I could do about it, except for notify a manager and flag their account.  They won't be shopping at REI anymore.  Ann, the one who used to hate me, had steam coming out of her ears.  She told me that she was glad that I was the one who handled those customers.  She was about ready to tell them what fer and then poke their eyes out with a dull pencil.  She did intervene to tell them that we do have a rental department. Some people!  It was hard for me not to take this personally.  Jerks!

The rest of my day went better.  My dad surprised me by bringing me lunch to work, and we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  Dad's treat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm sorry.. There were always rude people at the Student Health Center and it was like... give us a break! Aren't you mormon? So where is your forgiveness or mercy? I'm glad dad brought you food and treated you to Cheesecake Factory!

    ReplyDelete