Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pure Coffee

The other day I went to the Coffee Bean to get myself a treat.  I asked what they had with no coffee in it.  He suggested the blended drinks, and told me I could just pick a flavor.  I chose chocolate hazelnut.  As I walked out the door with my drink, something wasn't right.  Is that coffee?  I can't tell.  To me, coffee and chocolate taste very similar.  I took a few more sips and decided I had better go back in and ask.  I asked the one who prepared it, and she said it did have coffee in it.  I said that I had wanted a no coffee drink and that's what I had asked for.  She looked at me like I was stupid and said, "You never said pure."  What?  How was I supposed to know their magic words?  To me, no coffee means no coffee.

3 comments:

  1. I think that would have really ticked me off about sipping some coffee, since I used to be addicted. But yeah she shouldn't have expected you to know their lingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I would never think to add in the word "pure" haha. Coffee shops make me laugh with their lingo.

    I can't believe the experience you had at REI. I hate retail for that reason (and costumer service for that matter). People think it's all your fault if things aren't going their way.... when in reality, you are just an employee doing your job. You don't make the rules! I bet you like working at Down East. I would spend all of my $ on the clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I keep any of my money from DownEast. Haha!

    ReplyDelete