Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grateful

I feel very grateful today.  I saw that my dad taped a Dr. Phil episode about anorexia/bulimia, and I decided to watch it tonight.  So, I am sitting here bawling my eyes out.  I am surprised by how emotional I am getting over this.  I remember so clearly the trap that I was in.  How I felt that there was no hope for me.  I understand that fear in her eyes. 

I feel so happy that I don't live like that anymore.  I am so grateful to the people who helped provide a way for me to receive treatment.  I feel grateful for all of my supportive friends and family.  I feel so grateful that I could go to Center for Change.  I feel grateful that it was not a refeeding center.  It was a place to treat the whole person, not just the body.  I feel grateful to my treatment team who wouldn't put up with my silly games.  I feel grateful for people who believe that you can fully recover from an eating disorder.  I have been out of the Center for almost two years, and I am going strong.

1 comment:

  1. wow. i didnt even know about this. wow i wish i knew i would have prayed for you!

    ReplyDelete